Alma Dental Surgery is committed to the protection of your personal information. We appreciate the trust you instil in us when providing information of a sensitive manner, as such, our policy complies with privacy principals under the Australian Privacy Act of 1988. We intend to protect your privacy as we collect, use, and retain information we gather about you. Alma Dental Surgery staff are trained in their obligations under the Act.
What does Alma Dental Surgery do with your information?
Any information you provide us in relation to any enquiry through the Alma Dental Surgery’s website (“almadental.com.au”) will be used only by Alma Dental Surgery. Alma Dental Surgery may also disclose your information if you request it to do so, or if required to do so by law.
You may request access to information thatAlma Dental Surgery holds about you, and you have the right to ask Alma Dental Surgery to correct it if you believe it is out of date or inaccurate.
What information Alma Dental Surgery collects and why
When you make an appointment enquiry to Alma Dental Surgery, you will provide:
- Your name
- Your contact phone number
- Your email address, and
- Any other personal details required when making a dental appointment.
How your information is stored
- Destroyed or returned to you when it is no longer needed, or
- Stored to accepted industry standards in either electronic or paper form.
How to change, update, correct, or delete your personal information
If you would like to change, update, correct or delete any information stored by us, or if you would like to know what information we hold about you, please email email@example.com.
Other information Alma Dental Surgery collects
Alma Dental Surgery may also collect the following information to make website improvements:
- The date and time you access the Alma Dental Surgery website
- The URL and Internet Protocol address of any website from which you linked to the Alma Dental Surgery website, and
- The web browser that you are using and the Internet Protocol address of the computer on which it’s installed.
We may use other sources to collect the above information, however, this is done in such a way that you cannot be identified.
What you can do if you believe something has gone wrong
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe that a third party has gained access to your personal information by mistake, or if you believe we have in any way breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights.
Alma Dental Surgery will try to satisfy any questions you may have and will attempt to correct any errors on our part.
Third parties and privacy
Third parties are not subject to our privacy standards, as such, when you access a link from almadental.com.au to a third party website, the third party is responsible for informing you of their own privacy policies.
If personal information about you is collected by a third party on any website you access through almadental.com.au, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangement with those third parties.
What you can do to help protect your information
Whilst we do everything within our power to safeguard your privacy, no transfer of any data over the Internet is 100% secure. You share your information with us at your own risk.
Below are some suggestions to help you maintain the secrecy of your information:
- Remember to always close your browser when you have finished your user session
- Ensure others cannot access your emails and/or personal information if you use a public computer
- Create strong passwords that are not easy to guess. Make sure they include upper and lowercase letters, symbols and numbers
- Never disclose your user name and password to third parties
- Always ensure that your browser has established a secure connection with Alma Dental Surgery’s website.