For all of our patients, friends and families,
Access to care: AHPRA and the National Boards expect all health practitioners to facilitate access to care in this COVID-19 environment, regardless of someone’s vaccination status. In order to treat our patients from all walks of life, we must maintain good practice which involves keeping our dentists, staff and our patients safe when caring for people.
The team at Alma Dental, North Perth, has been working hard to keep up to date with this forever moving viral beast. We have recently implemented a number of preventative and infection control measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19, some of which are above those stipulated by the Western Australian Department of Health and the Australian Dental Association and will also implement further measures in the likely event that higher caseloads are noted in the community, all of which we have detailed below:
- Use of N95 masks and double masking (this is beyond the minimum requirement pursuant to the ADA health advisory board as guided by WA Health)
- Preoperative mouth rinse
- Use of dental HEPA filtration system
- Phone screening during phone courtesy reminder of appointments
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Rapid Antigen Testing for patients and staff (when required)
- Very frequent disinfection of entire premises e.g. pens, door knobs, reception tops, coffee tables etc
- Social distancing measures: parents of patients over 18 years or accompanying person/s will be asked not to enter the premises, staggering lunch shifts
- Use of surgical gowns, face shield (on top double masking), head and shoe covers (if necessary)
- Cease use of aerosol causing equipment and refer patients to “COVID prepared” clinics/hospital as per ADA directives
- Continue to encourage patients to use hand disinfectant as well as correct hand washing techniques
- Encourage scan in using QR code
- Reminding patients to wear masks when not sitting in the dental chair having dental treatment
- Ongoing staff training
- Appointments booked to be less than 4hrs per patient in any given day
- Perspex Sneeze/social distancing screen shall remain in place
We thank you for your understanding and patience in this fluid COVID-19 environment we are in.
We look forward to seeing you soon
Stay safe and best wishes,
Team at Alma Dental Surgery.